Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Catching Up!

With only 4 days to go until the Rotterdam marathon I thought I should update my blog on what has been happening and how my training has been going….I am sorry for not updating this more regularly over the past couple of months but things have been so busy with training, fundraising and generally trying to carry on with work and other life!! The result being that blogging has unfortunately had to take a back seat; however I am here now!

My training has been going well for the marathon and as part of my training I have also completed three races:

1) The Watford Half Marathon: this race was back in February, this was a very good race a little hillier than I remembered (!) but it was a good training run all the same. I didn’t run this race with a PB or fast finishing time in mind but I treated it purely as a training run, although I was still pleased to finish under two hours (my competitive side never leaves me unfortunately, even when I tell it too!)

2) The Milton Keynes Half Marathon: this race was on Sunday 13th March and it was a fantastic race; not only did I get a good finishing time (well good for me!) of 1 hour 47 minutes and 12 seconds I also saw lots of my CYM running friends finish the race too, some of them not having run in a formal race before, this was very special. Well done everyone :-)

3) The Oakley 20 Mile race: this race was on Sunday 27th March and well what can I say other than this is the best race I have ever done…not only did I finish in a great time (again great for me and especially in relation to my marathon targets) but I felt superb at the finish, strong and with lots more to give. Thanks to my running pal Charlie for his company during the race J

I am now well into my tapering period and trying desperately to avoid ‘tapering madness’….which anyone who has run a marathon will completely understand. I am feeling rather restless and feel like I just want to get on with it now…..

All that’s left for me to say is thank you to everyone who has supported me and kindly sponsored me – it really is appreciated and for anyone who hasn’t yet sponsored me but would like to then please visit my JustGiving page here: http://www.justgiving.com/Charlotte-Lisa-Dutch - no amount is too small or large!

P.S. You may have noticed that I have added a Twitter feed to my blog; this is so I can post updates whilst I am in Rotterdam and then again when I do my Great Wall of China Trek later in the month (more to come on that soon!)…so please do check back as I will be tweeting everyday whilst I am away :-)

No comments: