Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I have got a physio appointment this afternoon...

After speaking to someone on the FLM helpline yesterday they have confirmed that I could defer my entry to next year; all I have to do is sort this out before the 25th April. So yesterday I booked up a physio appointment at a local sports injury clinic to see if I can get to the bottom of what I have done and whether I can expect a speedy recovery. I am still very much hoping that I can run in the marathon but at least I now know that if I can't then I can defer my place and guarantee getting a place again next year.

My main concern at the moment is my fitness levels and trying to maintain this whilst not running. I am also a little worried that I won't have put in the required number of long runs before the race. I had planned to run 16/17 miles last weekend and 18/19 this coming weekend and I have registered for a 20 mile training race for the weekend after that (5th April) and then I was possibly going to do one more long run of 20+ miles before starting my tapering...but at the moment I can't see anyway that I can do next weeks long run and then will I be fit enough to get through the others, if indeed my injury will allow this??

No comments: