Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Its a thumbs up from the physio!

Well thankfully it is good news. Although I have damaged 2 ligaments, a muscle and a nerve the physio thinks that with treatment that I will be back running by the middle of next week and that the London marathon is still on....hurrah!

All I have to do now is to start some cross training; he suggested that I either use the cross trainer or the bike and do what I would be doing running wise on one of these (or a combination of both) so that I can keep my fitness levels up. Apparently, although there will still be some pain using these it won't be damaging like the full weight bearing of running! So thankfully I have both a seated bike and a cross trainer at home, so tomorrow morning (early!) I will be up and getting myself back into training. I have also got to do an ice treatment twice a day and do some strength exercises.....and then go back to she the physio on Thursday for my next lot of treatment.

It is such a relief to know that the marathon is still a possibility - wonderful!

No comments: