Sunday, February 28, 2010

A long and wet 17 miles this morning.....

This morning I headed out early (6:30am!) for my long run as I wanted to get it completed without impacting the rest of the day for the family. So, off I ventured into a dark, misty and wet morning which really didn't get that much better for the whole 17.24 miles; well OK it got a little lighter but that was about it. I think the perfect description of my run today is that it was 'horrible and good all at the same time'. The horrible part was the wet weather which meant that after about 30 minutes into my run I was soaked through to my skin (which isn't a nice way to run) and then the cold that soon followed....the good is the fact that I covered 17.24 miles (I set out with 17 miles as my target) and it feels great to have accomplished this distance today. Also, it's good as it shows me that I can deal with the challenges that I am faced with...there is no doubt that on many occasions throughout my run today I questioned myself on what I was doing but each time I kept reminding myself that marathon training is hard and that to succeed I need to be strong both mentally and physically and today without any doubt I trained both these elements!
Also today saw me completing 116 miles in total for February - I am very pleased with this :-)

2 comments:

RoyMcC said...

Excellent work Charlotte. Injury-free as well which is great.

Charlotte Dutch said...

Thanks a lot Roy and yes, injury free and hoping it stays that way this year! I'm running in a half marathon race this coming Sunday and looking forward to it although I have decided not to challenge myself on time but use it as a training run. Hope all is well with you :-)