Sunday, January 18, 2009

End of the week round-up

The end of another good week; the only change to plan was today's run, as I had planned to do a longer run but in the end I only managed 30 minutes. This was mainly due to lack of time, but to be honest I was also struggling a little....I felt tired and my legs felt heavy, so I decided to call it a day after 30 minutes.

So, I achieved my goal of running for longer and managed a total of 18.9 miles and a total of just over 3 hours 'time on feet', so I am really pleased with this. The individual runs were as follows:

  • Monday: Rest day
  • Tuesday: 60 minutes, steady (outside)
  • Wednesday: 30 minutes, steady (outside)
  • Thursday: Rest day
  • Friday: 60 minutes, easy (outside)
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Sunday: 30 minutes, easy (outside)

Next week I am planning a similar set of runs, although as I am working in London on Tuesday this coming week, this will be my main rest day and I also want to include at least one speed interval session on the treadmill. So hopefully the week will look something like this:

  • Monday: 30 minutes, interval run (treadmill)
  • Tuesday: Rest day
  • Wednesday: 60-70 minutes, steady/easy
  • Thursday: 40 minutes, steady/easy
  • Friday: 60 minutes, easy
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Sunday: 30-40 minutes, interval or paced run (probably on the treadmill)

Also next week I will hopefully be running in new running shoes, as I am really in need of a new pair; so I am heading off to get these on Monday sometime!

No comments: