Friday, January 23, 2009

'small but steady steps forward'

I did a good run today although after just 30 minutes into it I didn't think that I would manage the full 60 minutes that I set out to do, my legs felt heavy and I was struggling a little with motivation...but somehow I got through and I am really pleased to have completed it, after all they do say that running is as much a mental battle as it is a physical one, and today I had to contend with a little of both!

All in all though it's been a good running week (and I still have the weekend to get at least another run in!). This week I have started to see (and feel!) the progress I am making, especially in terms of my increased fitness (being able to run further) and also the increase in my pace....it's not a major increase but its noticeable, perhaps the best way to describe it is 'small but steady steps forward'.

No comments: