Wednesday, January 14, 2009

To run or to treadmill, that is the question

The main decision today for my run was whether to brave the weather outside, cold (freezing in fact) and very misty or to just opt for the treadmill. Well I braved it and this was definitely the right decision as although me and woolly hats aren't the best of friends and the run itself wasn't the greatest, it did feel good to be out in the fresh air. When I got back I felt revived – wonderful.

I still haven't decided on a new audio-book to listen to, so today I took my daughters iPod out with me on my run, as she mentioned to me last night that she thought she had some really good music on her iPod that would be good to run too. She told me to select one of her playlists and try it out; so that's what I did, and it was great. She is right she does have some great music (and some suspect stuff!). Including the artists Adele, Westlife, Amy Winehouse, Duran Duran, Gwen Stefani, James Blunt, Kelly Clarkson, Sarah Brightman, Doris Day, Elvis, High School Musical (!), Madonna, and Rihanna (I'll leave you to think about who the suspect ones are!)....but, all in all very enjoyable. Thank you Gracie x

As already mentioned the run itself wasn't that great. I felt tired today and after about 25 minutes my legs felt heavy; but never mind, I am just happy to have got out and completed it – another one ticked off the schedule!

No comments: